Nimble Fingered Skeletal Organist
I wasn’t sure if I wanted to post a link to the Nimble Fingered Skeletal Organist tutorial that the guys over at Night Frights posted since it’s part prop and part actor control. It doesn’t really fit nicely into any of categories we’ve established at HauntersList, but the fact of the matter is, this effect looks too good to pass up.
The effect is achieved by having your actor (seated below the organ) wearing a pair of skeletal gloves that are attached to your Bucky. This reverse marionette action allows for a much more realistic looking organist than you could ever get using a motor or pneumatics.
By the way, I’m categorizing this under Costumes/Masks, so be sure to leave a comment if you think I’m dead wrong on this.
Items needed to complete this include:
- Bucky Skeleton
- Skeletal gloves (the kind with the raised plastic bones on them work best)
- Black Light
- Glow-In-The-Dark Spray Paint
- Masking Tape
- Zip Ties
- Black fabric (3 yards should be plenty) plus some tacks, staples or duct tape to secure it
- 1-inch Threaded Floor Flange
- 1″ x 3/4″ Reducing Male Adapter
- 2 feet of 3/4” PVC Pipe
- Black Spray Paint
- Black long-sleeved shirt (for your operator to wear during performances)